Have you ever thought about sustainable or group travel?
Hey, why not?
If you think about it, there are as many different kinds of holidays as there are people. Because let’s be honest – not everyone likes to spend their days sunbathing on some Spanish beach. Nor do all travellers get excited at the prospect of a five-day mountain hiking trip. And that’s a good thing too. Of course, this also means you’ll have to make a choice between a huge range of travel options. Will you get to your destination by car, boat, train or plane for instance? Or maybe you’d rather travel by bike? Do you want to trek to a faraway location, or would you prefer sticking closer to home? And do you want to travel solo, with your family or as part of a group? The possibilities are truly limitless. Luckily, we’ve made it our mission at the Holiday Fair to help you navigate the wealth of travel options. Keep reading to discover which of the below travel styles is right for you.
Sustainable travel is booming! Given the growing attention for our environment that has developed in recent years this of course makes a lot of sense. We’re becoming increasingly aware of our impact on the environment and we try to do our part to contribute to the protection of the environment and the most beautiful nature spots. It’s why sustainability is also increasingly on our minds when we travel.
Naturally, there are a lot of ways to travel sustainably. At its core, sustainable travel means considering how you can best protect nature, the environment, local cultures and sometimes human rights while travelling. For instance, through your choice of destination, transport, accommodation or activities, as well through what you do while you’re on holiday. Lots to think about in other words! Thankfully, several organisations will be on hand at the Holiday Fair that can point you in the right sustainable travel direction. For instance:
- Emotion Planet: sustainable, responsible holidays to Africa, Asia and Latin America. Slow tourism at its best.
- Huttopia: beautiful stays in the middle of French nature that will leave you completely relaxed.
- Nature & Terroir: organised trips to the great outdoors, with both remote and closer-to-home locations
- Greentripper: a tool that helps you calculate – and offset – the impact of your holiday so you can make a valuable contribution to vital climate projects while travelling.
- Sensations: tailored trips that combine sustainability with local impact.
- Natuurpunt/Natagora: a local, independent association of volunteers committed to protecting nature that is fragile and nature that is under threat.
- Eneco Clean Beach Cup: join this beach clean-up effort organised by Eneco on Sunday March 22 and help them draw attention to our plastic pollution problem. Small effort, big impact!
So … if you’ve dreamt about visiting fabulous destinations and getting up close with unspoiled nature without needing to worry about your environmental footprint, sustainable travel is just the thing for you.
Let yourself be inspired by the amazing stories, insights and tips of the organisations that will be on hand at the fair, so you too can enjoy the beauty our planet has to offer with a clear conscience and peace of mind.
Experiencing something on your own versus experiencing something with other people can make a world of difference. The company of other people can provide additional support, entertainment during moments of rest and shared experiences. It makes perfect sense, then, that a lot of people prefer to join a group of fellow travellers rather than journeying somewhere by themselves. The professional experience of the travel guides who lead such group trips moreover means you’ll visit locations and experience activities that you would have otherwise often missed out on.
Of course, every trip, and every group for that matter, is different. The complete offer of group trips includes lots of different emphases. We’ve invited multiple organisations to the Holiday Fair so you can sample the wide range of options and make a more informed choice.
- Djoser: sustainable travel in small groups, with plenty of ‘you time’.
- Koning Aap: committed to offering travellers an authentic and unique travel experience.
- Joker: trips that put adventure and local ingredients first.
- TUI: tours in small groups, with plenty of flexibility and freedom.
- Asteria Expeditions: unique and rare experiences in fantastic locations.
So … is there a place that’s always appealed to your imagination, one that you don’t want to travel to by yourself? Do you want to completely immerse yourself in a travel experience while also sharing it with others? If the answer to any of those questions was ‘yes’, group trips are the way to go for you.
You can discover the many different kinds of group trips offered by our partners at the Holiday Fair. Pay them a visit to obtain all the information you need, so you can embark on that dream trip of yours in no time.